Sunday, March 10, 2013

Wedding - Pink Eggplant Silver

I created this cake for a young couple at our church. I have to be honest, I wasn't quite sure about the color scheme and/or the design; but, it came out pretty nice. I was not planning to cover this one with fondant, but I couldn't get the pink icing color the way I wanted it, and I made my icing too thin, so it wouldn't harden enough for me to smooth. Thus, I gave in with only about 4 hours until bedtime...lol. I also forgot to put the middle layer in the refrigerator, so when I covered it with fondant, it sunk a little and bulged at the sides. So, it looks a little different than the other two layers. The small top layer was also thicker than the other two layers...I cut them the same, so the only thing I can figure is that the structure was more solid because I refrigerated it longer before covering with fondant. I also think that's why it ended up with more bubbles in the fondant, as you can see. Anyway, every cake is a learning experience :) Here's the result:

No comments:

Post a Comment